Empowered Networks Inc. (“Empowered”) is currently looking for a full time Professional Services Consultant – DDI to join our team. As a critical member of the Empowered team, the Professional Services Consultant is a key contributor to the overall success of Empowered and Empowered’s customers. The successful candidate will be involved in numerous customer projects each year as a technical subject matter expert and problem solver. The Professional Services Consultant engages closely with system administrators, system engineers, and managers during projects with customer organizations. They understand customer requirements and goals by working closely with Empowered’s account teams, develop implementation plans and strategies, and are responsible for the configuration and deployment of our solutions to ensure the success of the Empowered solution for our customers. The Professional Services Consultant will be required to provide training, technical presentations and product demonstrations to individuals and customers and practice active and critical listening to qualify a prospective customer and opportunity.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Successful configuration of Empowered’s solutions to meet the specific objectives and goals of the customer
- Knowledge and experience using Infoblox NIOS platform
- Migrating data from the customer’s current systems and the Infoblox DDI solution, as needed
- Developing data mapping and transformation methods using Perl and other UNIX tools
- Identifying and documenting the critical success factors for projects
- Design and architecting solutions which meet specific customer needs
- Performing pre-migration testing and implementation process validation
- In this capacity, this role is expected to be flexible to work with different data sources/destinations, tools, etc.
- Maintaining an elevated level of competence in the capabilities, applicability, configuration and sizing of the solutions we propose to customers
- Understanding the technical needs of customers and tailored implementation plans and strategies to meet those needs
- Presenting the implementation plans and requirements definition to customers, addressing and removing objections and ensuring the customer is fully aware of solution capabilities and fit with requirements
- Creating prototypes of the solutions when required and presenting or communicating the results in a form that is useful in customer decision making
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
A successful Professional Services Consultant will possess these skills, abilities and knowledge:
- Effective communication skills to be able to competently communicate with customers on a daily basis both verbally and written
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with Empowered internal groups (Engineering, Sales, etc.), as required
- 3-5 years previous experience in a professional services role is desirable
- Previous implementation experience with one or more IT management solutions
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP, and IP Address Management technologies in an Enterprise or ISP context is required
- Deep knowledge of DNS and DHCP Protocols
- Experience and understanding DNS and DHCP implementation on UNIX
- Experience with Infoblox or other IPAM products (VitalQIP, etc)
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Networking technologies and Software development and scripting
- Knowledge of Information Security principles and their applicability in the Enterprise is required; experience with next generation firewalls, penetration testing solutions, and endpoint security is desirable
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Networking technologies and architecture is an asset; a Cisco CCNA or CCDA certification is desirable
- Scripting experience in Python, Perl and bash is mandatory requirement; this experience should include interaction with RESTful web services and with interpreting vendor API’s to design and deliver integration scripts
- Previous demonstrable experience with Ansible is desirable
- Previous demonstrable experience with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure in an Enterprise context is desirable
- Previous experience with the application of Docker in an Enterprise context is desirable
- System administration experience would be an asset
- Self Starter and able to work independently, while also being able to share responsibilities, ideas and other information
- Many of the activities in this role are self-directed and self-managed; the successful candidate must be comfortable in a minimal supervision setting
- University and/or College Diploma: Computer Science, Engineering, Software Development or other related field
- This role will require regular travel in Canada, the USA, and Europe; the successful candidate must be able to enter other countries without restriction and have a valid Canadian passport.
- Some activities in this role may require Federal Government of Canada security screening up to and including Level II (Secret); the successful candidate must be able to pass the security screening process.
If interested in applying, please send your resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference #PSC-DDI in the subject line of your email. Thank you.