About the Company
Empowered Networks Inc. (“Empowered”) is a niche player with a blue-chip customer base. We provide network monitoring, management, security and compliance solutions for the world’s largest companies. Our team helps select, deploy and operate technologies that make applications, networks and services more agile, more visible and more dependable. For over 20 years we continue to drive positive business outcomes that translate directly to the bottom line.
Position: IT Support Specialist
Empowered is currently looking for a permanent full-time IT Support Specialist to join our growing team. As a critical member of the Empowered team, the IT Support Specialist is a key contributor to the overall success of Empowered and Empowered’s customers. The successful candidate will support both Empowered’s internal IT requirements as well as providing support services to Empowered’s external customers.
In this position, the IT Support Specialist will engage closely with Empowered personnel to provide support, planning, deployment, operations, and trouble-handling for our personnel and back office and engineering lab environments. The successful candidate will also be required to engage directly with Empowered’s external customers to provide support, installations and operational trouble-shooting support for Empowered’s SaaS offerings.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative and operational support for Empowered’s back-office tools and services and Empowered personnel using these tools and services,
- Assessing Empowered’s network infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure our tools and services continue to meet compliance requirements,
- Developing and/or suggesting new strategies and IT procedures to improve efficiencies and enhance workflows,
- Responding to service issues and requests and providing technical support in a timely manner,
- Maintaining an elevated level of competence in the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Empowered’s customer facing services,
- Understanding the technical needs of internal customers and contributing to plans and strategies to meet those needs,
- Understanding the operational needs of external customers and assisting in implementation of services pertaining to Empowered’s SaaS offerings,
- Providing first-level support to internal and external customers of Empowered provided services,
- Developing automation scripts as required to optimize Empowered’s operational environment, and
- Managing relationships with the vendors/service providers who provide Empowered’s back-office tools and services.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
A successful IT Support Specialist should possess these skills, abilities, and knowledge:
- Must have excellent written, verbal, presentation, and social skills to competently communicate in English (additional languages are also desirable),
- 1-3 years previous experience in an IT support role,
- Solid experience and knowledge of the Microsoft Suite and CRM; must have knowledge of and expertise as an Office 365 Administrator,
- Managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously while maintaining high customer service standards,
- Implementation experience with one or more IT management solutions,
- Knowledge of networking technology in an administrative context,
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP and IP Address Management in an administrative capacity,
- The following additional skills would be considered an asset:
- Experience with VMware vCenter administration and operations,
- Previous experience with Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure,
- Previous experience with Docker in an operational context,
- Unix or Windows Server system administration experience,
- Self-Starter who is a strong team player and is also able to work independently, and
- Many of the activities in this role are self-directed and self-managed; the successful candidate must be comfortable assuming responsibility for these activities.
- University and/or College Diploma: Computer Science, Engineering, Software Development, or another related field,
- Industry certifications and memberships is an asset,
- In order to comply with customer requirements, the successful candidate, may be subject to, and must pass applicable background checks, such as but not limited to; education and criminal checks,
- This role may require travel in Canada, the USA, and Europe; the successful candidate must be able to enter other countries without restriction and have a valid passport, and
- Some activities in this role may require Federal Government of Canada security screening up to and including Level II (Secret); the successful candidate must be able to pass the security screening process.
If interested in applying, please send your resumé to: email@example.com and reference #ITSS-ENI in the subject line of your email. Thank you.