NetScout Systems provides robust tools for the efficient and effective management of dynamic applications and service-delivery network environments. NetScout’s proven application, network, and service intelligence offerings provide comprehensive insight into the dynamic and real-time nature of critical data, video and voice services running across modern technology infrastructures. NetScout is one of the most recognized brands in the network performance management industry, and the market leader in application and network performance management solutions.
Empowered is a certified NetScout partner, providing service to customers across Canada. We offer a comprehensive suite of services to help our customers assure and optimize network and application performance, with the full range of NetScout Solutions, including nGenius®, InfiniStream®, and Sniffer®.
nGeniusONE Unified Service Assurance Platform
The nGenius ONE Unified Service Assurance Platform converges network and application performance management to deliver holistic service visibility across application tiers, end-to-end networks, and diverse user devices. Providing one cohesive, consistent set of analytics and views, based on one common database of metadata, nGeniusONE platform improves communication and collaboration across the different functional IT groups to enable unified service delivery management for complex, distributed IT services.
The nGeniusONE platform delivers end-to-end visibility with both macro-level and micro-level insights into the performance and consumption of enterprise-wide services to address the needs of IT operational teams, including network, application, server, and service delivery managers.
The nGeniusONE platform combines real-time situational awareness, historical analysis, and multi-layered analysis capabilities to support efficient IT service management. Simplified service-oriented workflows enable seamless, contextual transitioning across multiple layers of analysis, facilitating efficient hand-off of diverse tasks across the different IT groups.
The nGeniusONE platform provides the following key analysis layers:
- Service Dashboard provides real-time, at a glance, holistic status visibility of all services and their network and application components. The dashboard also delivers alarms and analytics-based, intelligent early warnings to enable network operations to proactively and predictively protect service availability and performance.
- Performance Analysis enables comprehensive, multi-dimensional analysis of application and network performance in context with the performance of all dependencies. Includes pre-defined Service Monitors for common service provider services, a customizable Service Monitor to support user-defined service environments, and a Traffic Monitor for network performance management.
- Session Analysis enables session-level analysis with hop-by-hop transaction analysis.
- Packet Analysis enables deep-dive, protocol-level analysis and forensic evidence collection.
An all-inclusive set of capabilities delivers comprehensive, real-time situational awareness, historical visibility, and contextual, multi-layered performance analysis. Key capabilities include:
- Real-time service visualization providing multi-layered performance management of network and application components with rapid detection of performance issues
- Intelligent early warning on signs of performance degradation via advanced analytics engine
- Application recognition and monitoring of well-known applications as well as custom-developed and administrator-defined web-/cloud-based applications
- Contextual performance analysis across network and application components of a business service to support optimization, rapid event correlation and root cause analysis of issues
- Streamlined workflows with contextual drilldown through all layers of analysis to supports efficient workflow across the different functional IT teams and specialists
- Multi-layered performance troubleshooting and forensics via session- and packet-level traces
- Historical analysis and any view, any metric reporting for assessing long-term trends and supporting capacity planning
- Highly granular network and application performance analysis with Adaptive Session Intelligence™ (ASI) 2.0 technology
- Enhanced Macro visibility enables aggregated performance monitoring by user communities or server groups, in line with business service delivery
- Compatibility with existing nGenius data sources for maximum investment leverage
nGenius InfiniStream Appliances
nGenius InfiniStream appliances form the foundation for the nGenius solution. Strategically deployed throughout network, these appliances intelligently and passively perform advanced deep packet capture and analysis leveraging Adaptive Session Intelligence™ (ASI) technology. Offering unsurpassed traffic scalability, the nGenius InfiniStream appliances are integrated with nGeniusONE™ to provide a common set of packet-flow-based metadata for use in troubleshooting and post-event forensics analysis, application response time and real-time analysis, and detailed key performance indicators.
The nGenius InfiniStream 7900 series appliance provides high capacity and flexibility through its unique modular design. Optimized for speed, performance, and resilience, the 7900 series appliance is expandable in 48TB increments with Extended Storage Units (ESU’s) providing up to 144TB of storage per appliance. The nGenius InfiniStream 7900 series appliance is ideal for high capacity 10 Gigabit monitoring requirements such as data centers, high volume aggregation links and Service Provider environments that require vast storage capabilities for long-term back-in-time forensic analysis.
The nGenius InfiniStream 6900 series appliance supports high density 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit interfaces and supports up to 16TB of storage capacity per appliance. Optimized for resilient operations, the 6900 series appliance supports RAID storage with hot-swappable drives, as well as, redundant, hot-swappable power supplies. The nGenius InfiniStream 6900 series appliance is ideal for monitoring requirements at service aggregation points such as in the data center such as application server clusters, server farms, end of rack and service enabler monitoring environments that require storage capabilities for back-in-time forensic analysis.
The nGenius InfiniStream 4500 series appliance supports high density 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit interfaces with support for 12TB storage and expandable to 60TB per appliance with the addition of an optional 48TB Extended Storage Unit (ESU). The appliance supports RAID storage with hot-swappable drives and redundant power with hot-swappable power supplies. Optimized for packet data processing, the nGenius InfiniStream 4500 series appliance is ideal for monitoring server farms and application server clusters in large data centers, and service enabler monitoring environments that require extensive packet data processing and high capacity storage disk for back-in-time forensic analysis.
The nGenius InfiniStream 2900 series appliance is a small footprint appliance with storage capacity of 12TB. The appliance supports 1 Gigabit and 10 Gigabit interfaces and is designed to be deployed in remote offices, branch offices, or the network edge.
The nGenius InfiniStream 1900 series appliance is a small footprint appliance supporting 10/100/1000 and 1 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces. This appliance supports up to 4TB storage per appliance and is designed for deployment in low traffic areas such as campus edge or workgroup environments, or mission-critical branch offices.