Empowered & Microsemi deliver the Gold Standard in PTP GrandMaster technology our Wireless Service Provider customers. We have the skills and expertise to help you engineer and implement PTP to extend microsecond-precise time, frequency & phase synchronization to the wireless network edge.
Synchronization Solutions for Wireless
Microsemi leads the world in precise timing solutions. Empowered is Microsemi's exclusive representative in Canada.
PTP Solutions for Wireless Carriers
Microsemi's unique portfolio of PTP products leverages existing frequency PTP clocks to support LTE-A and TDD mobile networks with precise phase, time and frequency synchronization over next generation, packet-based IP networks:
- Microsemi's IGM-1100i Integrated GNSS Master, newest in the lineup, is a game-changing solution that provides precise frequency and phase synchronization signals for for indoor small-cell deployments. The IGM-1100i integrates a PTP grandmaster, GNSS receiver and antenna and PoE power and network connectivity in a small form factor with no need for an outdoor GPS / GNSS antenna or associated cabling and deployment costs.
- pdf TimeProvider 5000 is a flexible, high-performance IEEE-1588 / PTP timing source, with flexible I/O ports, and carrier-grade design in a compact 1RU footprint. TimeProvider 5000 is a market-leading solution with numerous industry awards and accolades.
- pdf TimeProvider 2700 is an IEEE 1588 PTP Grandmaster with GNSS (GPS and GLONASS) inputs, to address Primary Reference Time Clock (PRTC) requirements.
For solutions for the network core, see our Carrier-Class Platforms page, including:
- pdf (1.90 MB) and pdf TimeHub 5500 (2.25 MB) platforms distribute PTP with the accuracy, scale, redundancy and service quality required for new services and applications, while leverage existing sync infrastructure
- TimePictra, Symmetricom’s scalable, secure management platform, can detect, monitor, manage and control PTP Core Elements, GrandMasters, and monitor PTP Clients
Trust Empowered's Expertise
Empowered has unparalleled expertise in designing and deploying carrier-class synchronization solutions from the industry leader, Microsemi. Empowered can help you:
- Explore and explain your options to deliver precise synchronization to your network edge
- Determine the mix of PTP Solutions to support your deployment scenario, meet sync service requirements, redundancy and service quality goals
- Plan technology trials of PTP, in your lab and in the field, with skills to evaluate trial results
- Source and implement the right solution for your needs, with engineering and Design Support, Turn-Key Installation, and Cut-over Assistance
- Provide the ongoing technical and maintenance support you need
Professional Services for Carrier Customers
Empowered’s services help you get the most from your Sync investments:
- Lab Evaluation Support – Our team of Sync Experts can help you plan technology trials of PTP, with the skills to evaluate trial results. In your lab, or in the field, our team can supplement yours with the skills and expertise to succeed
- Synchronization Audits – An Output Audit delivers the accurate, current records you need to ensure a smooth cutover, and avoid mistakes. We do a comprehensive physical check and trace of all outputs, and document all output terminations
- Turn-key Implementation Services – Unlike traditional telecom installers, our installation teams do full turn-key, delivering a complete, accurate installation, on time, with fewer visits, reduced costs, and minimal impact on your team
- Training – Empowered can customize and deliver training online, at your facility, or in Ottawa, lead by qualified synchronization experts with current practical experience
- Technical Support – Empowered’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC) in Ottawa is first point of contact for all support requests. Our bilingual Technical Service Analysts provide quick resolution to product usage questions and known problems for all Symmetricom products. 7x24 support is available, contact us for details
Empowered and Microsemi have been leading lab trials and field deployments of PTP technology since its beginnings. We have the skills, experience and resources you need to engineer, furnish and install cost-effective PTP Solutions for any application.