- Comprehensive, Tunable Network Discovery: Gathering current infrastructure and device data provides visibility and enables action on networks and devices not currently managed within your IPAM database. Comprehensive switch-port data supplies port resource management, “use next available port” and “port reservation” features. Tunable discovery supports “black out” schedules and switch-port operations by network needed to deliver critical uptime and response requirements.
- Authoritative Network Database: A single interface for viewing protocol, network infrastructure (layer-2 and layer-3 devices), end- host, connectivity, switch-port and all related IP data empowers IT. Reduce mean time to repair (MTTR), exclude the network as a root cause for issues and confidently automate processes.
- Streamlined Workflows: A single user interface simplifies the wide-variety of network management tasks including discovery, port control and permission requests for managing core network services. Template-driven and automated, multistep processes ensure accuracy and improve efficiency.
- Infoblox Grid™ Integration: Network Insight’s Network Data (ND) appliances are linked with a unified, embedded database technology to provide a single point of management and seamless updates with zero downtime, built-in security and resiliency.
- Gain Detailed Network Visibility: Discover all layer-2 and layer-3 devices, end-hosts, connectivity, switch-port and VLAN data, and gain full visibility into VRF and NATed space via distributed probes and a central consolidator.
- Detect and Resolve Conflicts: Detect rogue and compromised assets and remediate conflicts across devices and network ports.
- Drive Automation: Automate controls to improve resource and workflow efficiencies. Allocate IP addresses and ports from a single UI. Directly control port administration status.
- Optimize IT Resources: Use built-in controls and automation to redeploy resources for higher-value work.
- Reduce Service Interruption Risk: Easily validate network designs and quickly identify misconfigured networks, switches and misplaced servers.
- Scalability: Manage mergers and acquisitions (M&As) without network outages due to overlapping IP addresses, lost knowledge or missing network architecture documentation.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: When security, server, and network teams share current authoritative data, they can make quick, reliable decisions, delegate tasks and eliminate departmental dependencies.
Network and Device Discovery, Visibility, Automation and Control
Digital technologies are radically changing the network landscape. Direct access to public and hybrid cloud applications from everywhere is expanding the network perimeter. SaaS
is delivering a fast, efficient, always-on customer experience. SD-WAN is powering remote user and branch access, while wireless, IoT and 5G are dynamically increasing network resource connectivity demands.
Responding to these changes is further complicated as data is created and managed by different teams at different times with different tools and data objectives. Manual, inefficient, error-prone processes, limited and suboptimal resource utilization and rework strain the OpEx budget and teams responsible for managing core network uptime and availability. Ultimately, if you cannot see what’s on your network, you cannot manage it.
Establish Authoritative IPAM
Infoblox Network Insight, a key component of the Infoblox DNS, DHCP and IPAM (DDI) solution suite, uses distributed probes and
a central data consolidator to provide a continuous import of IP and network addresses, convert discovered assets into IPAM objects and sync them into a central authoritative IPAM database. This delivers precise visibility, accuracy and shorter, integrated workflows, improving operational efficiencies, resource utilization, lower operational costs and data confidence for workflow automation.
Pinpoint Network Visibility
Network Insight reduces IT silos through shared access to the integrated, authoritative database of protocol, IP address, network infrastructure device, end-host, connectivity and port data. It
reduces security and service interruption risk through the detection of rogue devices, errors and unmanaged devices and networks that go unseen in standard IPAM tools. Network Insight’s comprehensive inventory
of switch-ports makes port-resource management easy. Network Insight automates data collection and correlation for visibility, analysis, design validation, provisioning, troubleshooting, managing and delivering effective core network services.
Drive Operational Efficiencies
Streamline operations with integrated workflows. Provision, troubleshoot and remediate errors, and manage switch ports from a single UI. Aggregated network data improves decision- making and network operations by delivering contextual information, automation and control. Configurable, role-based administration enables IT teams to redeploy resources for more strategic, higher-value engagements.
For more details, download the full datasheet here.