NTP and Time-of-Day
Empowered provides a range for NTP server solutions, from basic systems for enterprise networks, to high-performance, redundant solutions supporting thousands of requests per second, enhanced security, multiple input, output and timecode formats.
Network Time Protocol (NTP) time servers provide accurate, reliable and secure time synchronization to Enterprise IT and telecommunications networks, essential for:
- Protect log file accuracy, security, billing systems, electronic transactions, database integrity, VoIP, and other essential applications
- Enhance Call Detail Records to support billing, chargeback, monitoring and forecasting
- Improve fault correlation and diagnostics with accurate log entries across all systems
- Enable advanced IPTV functionality, like authentication, local content, and anti-spoofing
- Improve security and authentication with accurate, reliable and tamper-proof timing
- Prevent data loss, corruption, security holes, and ensure compliance and credibility
Advanced solutions based on Precision Time Protocol (PTP) provide ultra-high accuracy timing, with sub-microsecond time stamps. These solutions are designed to support High Frequency Trading, and other low-latency custom applications on Linux platforms.
Empowered can help by:
- Explore and explain your options to enable accurate, reliable, and secure time synchronization to all systems throughout your network
- Determine performance, functionality and implementation requirements for the NTP server installation that will address your application requirements
- Map out a plan for a cost-efficient GPS Antenna installation, that respects your particular building code requirements, and site-specific installation constraints
- Source and implement the right solution for your needs, with Engineering and Design Support, Turn-Key Installation, or the help you need to do it with internal resources
- Provide the ongoing technical and maintenance support you need
NTP and Time-of-Day Technology
Symmetricom's portfolio of modular NTP appliances are GPS-referenced with atomic clocks, with different levels of accuracy, holdover, security, and performance, in terms of NTP client requests per second. Modular SyncServer Options include
- SyncServer S100 is a basic GPS Network Time Server for small to medium sized enterprises, where value and budget are key concerns
- SyncServer S200 provides additional functionality, Ethernet ports, IPv6 support, secure web management, and oscillator upgrade options for improved holdover performance
- SyncServer S250 offers the same features as the S200, plus versatile timing configurations, IRIG-B, 1PPS and 10MHz inputs and outputs, and redundant back-up
- SyncServer S300 adds Gigabit Ethernet ports, enhanced security protocol support, and performance, increased redundancy, and maximum reliability. Upgradeable to support IEEE 1588 / Precision Time Protocol (PTP).
- SyncServer S350 offers the same features as the S300, plus versatile timing configurations, IRIG-B, 1PPS and 10MHz inputs and outputs, and redundant back-up. Upgradeable to support IEEE 1588 / Precision Time Protocol (PTP).
- SyncServer S350-SAASM sets new standards for security, accuracy, reliability and timing versatility. It is designed for synchronizing time on servers and workstations for mission critical DoD networks, and complies with U.S. Government's defined open system architecture for military applications. Upgradeable to support IEEE 1588 / Precision Time Protocol (PTP).
- Once synchronized via PTP, the SyncPoint PCIe-1000 PTP Clock Card provides ultra high availability time with sub-microsecond accurate time stamps for programs running on a Linux host by writing time directly to memory, or by responding to requests for time over the PCIe bus. A PTP Grandmaster, like the TimeProvider 5000, or S300/S350 with PTP Option, is required.
NTP Professional Services
Empowered’s services can speed your implementation of NTP, and keep it running:
- Enterprise NTP Server Implementation – Our Sync Experts can map out a plan for a cost-efficient approach to deploy NTP throughout your network. We supply all specific equipment and cabling required, install and connect the NTP servers and GPS Antenna, configure and commission the system, and provide basic training
- GPS Antenna Implementation – Where a new GPS Antenna is required, the details of your specific site – roof access, cable routing, conduit installation, building codes, and authorized contractors – come into play. We provide the help you need, from generic specifications for cabling and antenna mount requirements, to full turnkey service including site surveys, liaison with authorized contractors, and full implementation
- Training – Training on NTP servers and related synchronization platforms can be delivered online, by qualified synchronization experts with current practical experience
- Technical Support – Empowered’s Technical Assistance Center (TAC) in Ottawa is first point of contact for all support requests. Our bilingual Technical Service Analysts provide quick resolution for usage questions and known problems for all Symmetricom products
Empowered and Symmetricom have the skills, experience and resources you need to engineer, furnish and install cost-effective NTP Solutions for any application.