Supporting a few tablets or a "BYOD Pilot" is one thing. Scaling it up enterprise-wide is a different story. How are you going to contain costs, complexity and risk?
To "operationalize" support for mobility and wireless enterprise-wide, you need to address new technical challenges and new requirements:
When everyone has one or more devices, provisioning – setting up each device with the right access, security, and applications – becomes a challenge to do manually. Provisioning, policy enforcement and compliance auditing need to be automated. And that’s just the beginning.
To "operationalize" mobility means addressing expanded requirements, including:
- Monitoring device connectivity and data services, and resolving problems before they impact service quality and user productivity
- Enabling user self-service and helpdesk visibility, to speed resolutions of user issues
- Managing mobile applications, and the security of the data in those applications
- Supporting the lifecycle, of both devices and users –revising accounts and permissions, and access, retiring devices, blocking access, and recording all for audit
Get control over the flood of mobile devices in the workplace, manage risk and gain visibility with Enterprise Mobility Management software and services from Empowered.
Tablets and other smart mobile devices have changed the way wireless networks are designed. Handling client density and planning for growth are key challenges to be addressed. As the number of devices goes up and Wi-Fi spectrum gets saturated, and adding access points creates more interference, decreasing performance. Your Wi-Fi must be designed for stronger signal rates, more radios and bandwidth, maximum support for 5GHz, and the ability to dynamically adapt to changing requirements.
Provide a wired-like user experience from any device, for any application, throughout your enterprise, now and tomorrow – whatever tomorrow brings – with Wi-Fi from Empowered and Xirrus.
Security is always a key consideration in wireless. Even with “secure” corporate Wi-Fi, new software, configuration changes and patches can all create new vulnerabilities. What's more, tablets and smartphones are a prime target for malware and other forms of attack that can spread inside your network, once your users connect.
Your on-premise Wi-Fi typically provides access to your network, inside your firewall and other security infrastructure, with little or nothing protecting corporate secrets. Ongoing penetration testing of your wireless infrastructure, mobile devices and user security awareness should be a key part of your Enterprise Wireless strategy.
Smartphones, Tablets, and other wireless devices also put new demands on network services:
- The number of devices is exploding, driving new demands for IP Address space
- Roaming devices place new demands on authentication, DCHP pools, and dynamic DNS services
- Mobile applications issue significantly more DNS requests
- Roaming can also break your existing conventions for maintaining security, auditability and control
- If these services fail, the service impacts are enormous
Network Services – DNS, DCHP and IP Address Management – play a crucial role in enabling reliable mobile access while maintaining control & auditability.
Empowered Professional Services
Empowered resells best-of-breed enterprise wireless products from trusted vendors like BoxTone, Good, Xirrus, Aruba, Core Security and Infoblox, with services to fully integrate these solutions into your existing environment, and deliver real value – for the long term. Empowered’s E4 methodology has been proven over 10 years of delivering real solutions to Canadian IT organizations.
Empowered does more than just ship product. We provide complete Solutions, with quality backed up by our E4 Methodology. With the following services, Empowered can help you throughout all phases of your Enterprise Wireless deployment
- Needs Analysis – If you’re just getting started, or experience growing pains, our experts can identify your needs, existing issues, and articulate your design goals.
- Installation, Configuration & Validation – We can help stage, configure and install the solutions you need.
- Training – We can help ensure you and your staff are trained on all aspects of your integrated solution, including installation, configuration and system troubleshooting
- Support – Empowered’s TAC in Canada, staffed with skilled bilingual technicians, supports every system we sell. Optionally, EmpoweredCare support options provide 24/7 and onsite coverage, and ongoing optimization.